Friday, April 21, 2006

It's the state, stupid!

Since it was a nice, sunny day, spent some time just cruising around downtown on my bike. Got *lots* of EC and smiles from the girls I smile at, seemed like everybody was really into me.

Last week, doing the same thing at a mall, it seemed like I couldn't even get anybody to acknowledge my presence.

What's the difference?
- The environment matters. If eveybody is in a good mood (street cafe, sunny day), it's way easier than in a hurried or gloomy environment. Even if you're in a good mood, it's hard to break through general grumpiness.
- Your state. I love bicycling, and was really happy about one of the first sunny days. And it shows, even if you're not aware of it, people can always tell if you're truly happy and relaxed, or just trying to force yourself into a good frame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home