Friday, April 21, 2006

Daytime approaches

Went to buy some club clothes. Wasn't sure if a shirt actually suited me. What's a PUA to do? Approach a girl, of course! There were two couples shopping nearby (the point was to approach, not to PU, so a BF with her is okay), and I picked the younger, more stylish girl, to ask her:
Me: Are you shopping for your boyfriend?
Her: Yes, he's over there. (seemed confused, thought I was hitting on her)
Me: Great, then you must be an expert in fashin sense. I was wondering, does this shirt I'm wearing look really stupid or really cool on me?
Her: Hmm, let me see...yeah, I'd say it suits you, maybe....

In a Starbucks, saw a girl studying with a language course. Sat nearby, she looke to be ready to be approached, but chickened out at first. Upon leaving, finally did open her with "What are you studying, French, Spanish,...?" She said it was actually German, and she spoke only broken German, so it was hard to talk much with her. Continued a little with "I'm learning spanish at the moment, I really lik to study in coffee shops, too," and so on. Would have had tons of ways to go on, but as I said, it was hard to carry a conversation in German with her, and I got nervous and ejected.

At the same starbucks, I missed a chance to vibe with the girl at the counter, when I was buying a mug - could have talked about how I was sending it to a friend overseas, finally found a nice city mug etc.

Learning points:
- Be aware of the situations, just inject any comment that comes to your mind.
- Be aware of people's moods, a girl who's in a good mood will react open to almost any opener.
- Practise, pracise, practice. I'm feeling good approaching, but still way to hasty due to nervousness.
- Just do it, it's fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home