Monday, July 31, 2006

Getting things done in August

Had a bout of bad procrastination the last couple of days, realized I needed to do something about it. Noticed that it's the 31st of the month, with one hour to go till the next month starts.

So here's the plan:
During the whole month of August, I won't touch the net without specific research purpose. No news sites, no digg, no reddit, no blogs, no RSS feeds, no pr0n, no technology tutorials, no flash games, no forums, nothing.

Watch me get stuff done!

Plans on how to use the freed-up time:
- Improve my Spanish by finishing the first novel that I read in the spanish original. Pretty tough going, need the dictionary a lot, and manage about 10 pages per hour (only 500 or so to go...), but I'll do it.
- Mountainbike, jog, work out or otherwise exercise every day
- Do some networking. E.g. calling up all my former college buddies who've graduated, and offering to buy them dinner in exchange for picking their brains about how their job search went.
- Reducing the pile of unread books on my "stuff I should read before graduatin" list

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home